When it came to beach holidays I was the less excited member of the family. This year things have changed and I’m willing to force myself to see the bright side of life.
The cons of my sunny holidays have always been based on the tanning topic. I don’t usually get a nice tan because a) I absolutely hate the sand (ew, it feels so gross!) and b) I always forget to put sun cream on. In addition, until last year I didn’t wear bikinis and I tended to rely on ugly swimming suits.
2015 is the year of change and I’m more excited than ever to travel with my family to Gran Canaria. It’s just a week get away to relax and take our minds off of work, school, etc.
Now that I have to pack my bags I’ve just realized, like everybody should, that we need at least a top 5 must haves for a beach holiday. That means that a little trip to the stores is always needed when it comes to holidays.
1. Sun cream: easy to find at your local drugstore or even in high-end street shops. Personally, I love Guerlain Terracota Sun Blondes SPF 30 …. It protects you from the ugly sun and gives you a little fake tan too.
2. Swimming gear: As I’ve started to wear more bikinis I needed to restock my wardrobe. I treated myself and bought some bikinis as well as some midi dresses and shorts to pull off when going to the beach or to the hotel swimming pool.
3. Flip-flops: I’m a weird person when it comes to walking with barefoot so if you’re like me, a pair of flip-flops is always handy.
4. Aloe Vera or after sun: OH NO! You’ve sunburnt? In that case, as a sunburnt expert, I can tell you that you must own a bottle of Aloe Vera or after sun cream.
5. Summer trendy clothes: After a beach day, dinner sounds great. Always be prepared and take with you some trendy bits and bobs that make you feel good and comfortable.
After this top 5-beach holiday essentials, aren’t you craving a trip to the beach?